Thursday, March 19, 2009

His Hand is Stretched Out Still 2 Nephi 17-19

I often like to ponder about the atonement and Christ's feelings about it. Obviously, it was a painful experience for Christ. He suffered for everything. I often feel that sometimes I am too unworthy or scared to come to Him for help. I once heard that the "Mormon Jesus" is for the strong. I disagree. The "Mormon" Jesus is for the people who are so tired. He's for the people who can't find the rays of sunshine in their lives. He's for the people who struggle with eating, mood and emotional disorders. He's for the people who struggle, languish and are about to give up. He's for everyone who has felt any kind of pain. He's there for us. He atoned for it all. We are scared and very weak. We need Jesus. We must come to know Him. We have to reach out for His hand when we languish. After all, His hand is stretched out still.

1 comment: