Monday, March 23, 2009

Christ as Savior- 2nd Nephi 23-25

I really liked the analogy of Christ as the Savior who brought the Israelites across the sea and the one who offered healing from the fiery serpents. I think often we think of Christ as a very distant figure. He is a picture on the wall. Words in a book. Testimonies on Fast Sunday. Sunday School lessons. But Christ is much more than that. Christ is the Savior of the World. The Son of the Living God. As Chieko Okazaki we have to do more than come to know about Christ, we have to come to know Christ. We have to come to feel the atoning power that He offers, His love for mankind, and the power of his role as Savior is. I mention this in about every post here, but I can't wait to bear my testimony of Christ, the Son of the Living God, to the people of Thailand. I can't wait to say that I know that Christ died for my sins and your sins and everyone else's sins. Even if you don't believe in Him, He still suffered for your sins because His atonement is an infinite one. Infinite. Without end.

No comments:

Post a Comment