Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Faith on the Son of God Heleman 14- 3rd Nephi 1

I love Samuel's prophecy of Christ and his marvelous atonement. I love the fact that he testifies of it so eloquently and gives the sign of his birth as a new star in the sky. A light to the world. To me, that's what Christ is- a light shining in a very dark world. I live in a world where I often feel weighed down by sin and sorrow because of the things I have done. But to me these chapters give a little bit of hope for me. They teach me how, if I have faith on Christ's name, I can obtain a remission of my sins. I strive to repent in my life everyday, not because I sin on purpose, but because I a human. I am in the follies of youth still. I am trying to figure out who I am and what I will become.

It also talked about going out to baptize people. And I can so relate to that. I have an interview for my mission this week and I am so stoked. I can't wait to just tell people about my personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God. That may lead to baptism or it may not, but I stand ready to testify to the world that Our Redeemer lives. He loves us and will succor us and will not leave us alone. I am grateful for His magnificient power. He saves me. He loves me. And He helps me escape from the jaws of that awful monster of sin and death.

And I am so excited to start 3rd Nephi. It's the best part of the Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment